Mazagan Beach Resort in El Jadida (an hour's drive from Casablanca on the north coast of Morocco) is a 5-star beach resort perfectly geared towards families. Set beside 7km of sandy beach in over 600 acres, there is so much space to relax, unwind and enjoy a stay that is as active or peaceful as you like.
The Mazagan has a lengthy list of sports and activities on offer - from horse riding along the beach to pony rides for little ones, tennis and golf academies to climbing, ziplining and watersports. There is also a fantastic kids club area with two clubs - a club for children 3-10 years and a 'teen zone' for 11-17-year-olds. If you have younger children, they can organise babysitters too.
If relaxing is top of your agenda, the spa will no doubt become your sanctuary with a range of luxurious treatments on offer as well as yoga classes and Zumba at the fitness centre.
The food is of a very high standard and there is a great selection of buffet and a la carte restaurants to choose from - and a cafe serving delicious pastries!
Whether you are looking for a luxury short break or a longer family holiday, Mazagan Beach Resort is a fantastic place to go!
The Mazagan Beach Resort is located on the coast, approx. 1 hour 20 mins drive south of Casablanca. Direct flights are available from London and indirect flights are available from a variety of regional airports.
What to expect
There are two clubs at the Mazagan, each offering a fun programme of age-appropriate activities, indoors and out. Activities may include pony rides, paint-balling, go-karting, sports tournaments, arts and crafts, music and dance classes, games (board games and console gaming) and discos.
- Kidz Club - for children 3-10 years
- Rush Club - for older children/teens 11-17 years in a dedicated "teen zone".
The clubs are available 09.30-17.30 and on Saturday evenings form 20.00-22.00.
The hotel can also arrange babysitters (charge applies).
There is a lot of fun to be had at Mazagan Beach Resort, whatever your age.
Family Rooms have two interconnected bedrooms.
The Mazagan has a variety of luxurious rooms and suites. Options include:
- Pool View, Garden View or Ocean View Room or Patio Room - sleeps 2 adults and 2 children (kingsize or two queen-size beds). There are also Prime Ocean View Rooms with the best ocean views!
- Family Room - sleeps 3 adults and 3 children in 2 interconnecting rooms (one kingsize, one with twin beds).
- Suites - sleep 2 adults and 2 children with a bedroom (kingsize) and separate living room. Suites have views of the garden, pool or ocean and Ambassador Suites have a private terrace with plunge pool.
Total: 492 rooms and suites.
Offer of the week
Choose an action-packed First Choice Holiday Village for your family's summer holiday and pick up a free child place when you BOOK NOW. Prices from £2,418 for a family of 3*.
The main pool is huge and there's a kids pool with slide as well.
Facilities at the Mazagan include:
- Large main pool
- Children's pool
- Kidz Club (see "Childcare")
- Spa with a variety of treatments (some for children too!)
- Fitness centre with classes including Zumba and yoga
- 10 restaurants (2 buffets plus a variety of a la carte options including seafood, a beach barbeque, Moroccan cuisine and more)
- Patteserie cafe
Activities* on offer include:
- Watersports - jetskis, surfing, paddleboarding and bodyboarding
- Tennis (coaching available)
- Go-karting (min. age 8 years)
- Quad bikies and beach buggies (with tuition)
- Horse riding (lessons available) and pony rides (min. age 4 years)
- Camel rides
- Cycling (mountain bike and fat bike hire available)
- Nordic walking
*Extra charge applies to most activities.
Relax and unwind on your balcony or terrace.
Sign up to our newsletter
For regular family travel inspiration and ideas