The Norwegian Encore is one of Norwegian Cruise Line's (NCL) most recent additions and has been built with fun in mind. You'll be spoilt for choice with the variety of activities and entertainment available onboard. Some of the highlights include an aquapark with waterslides (as well as an aquapark for little ones too), a speedway on the top deck and the Galaxy Pavilion, full of VR experiences and simulator rides.
There is also a wide range of cabins to suit a variety of budgets and family sizes, with cabins sleeping 3, 4,5 and 6 - or you can choose interconnecting cabins too. Clever construction makes each cabin flexible, with fold-down and pull-out beds to make the most of the space. If you're looking for the most luxurious, the Haven cabins are for you. These include 24-hour butler service as well as the use of the Haven Restaurant and two Haven lounges.
Food is another highlight of this ship and all guests can enjoy a choice of 5 different restaurants as well as the option of dining in 9 speciality restaurants. And if you get peckish in between meals, you could also seek out the cake shop, the milkshake bar or the ice cream parlour.
At each port of call, there is the option to head ashore on an excursion. The options range from visiting cultural sites to kayaking, relaxing on a private island to ziplines, wildlife excursions to trying local cuisine - and many more.
Cruise itinerary options for the Norwegian Encore:
- Caribbean: Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas & other Caribbean Islands (5 or 7 days, from Miami)
- Caribbean: Curacao, Aruba, Dominican Republic and other Caribbean Islands (11 days, from Miami)
- Alaska: Glacier Bay, Skagway & Juneau (7 days, from Seatle)
- Alaska: Glacier Bay, Ketchikan & Juneau (7 days, from Seatle)
- Panama Canal: Mexico & Costa Rica to Los Angeles (15 days, from Miami)
- Panama Canal: Mexico & Columbia to Miami (21 days, from Seatle)
- Pacific Coast: Los Angeles to Vancouver (4 days, from Los Angeles)
Flights are available from a number of UK airports to the point you are due to join the ship. Transfers from the airport to the ship are also included. We can also add on a pre- or post-cruise hotel stay.
What to expect
The Norwegian Encore had a youth programme/clubs for children from 5-17 years:
- Splash Academy - this is a drop-off club offering a fun programme of activities for children 5-12 years. The children will be divided into two age groups in high season (Seals & Dolphins).
- Entourage - this is a place for teens 13-17 years to hang out. It is made up of a hangout area, a games area, a party area and a dance area. Teen Counsellors will also run a programme of activities and challenges here or around the ship.
In addition, there is Guppies, which is a play area for children aged 6 months to under 3 years with their parents. There are also hosted activities to join in with.
There is currently no offering for children 3-4 years.
Explore in virtual reality in the Galaxy Pavilion.
Competition of the weekEnter now for your chance to win a 7-night family holiday for up to 6 people with Eurocamp.
Pick from a range of cabins sleeping up to 6 - this is a Family Ocean View.
The Norwegian Encore has a wide selection of cabins for families ranging from interior cabins to 2-bedroom suites plus there is the option of interconnecting cabins too. All cabins are stylishly furnished and Haven cabins are particularly luxurious. Some of the options for families include:
- Family Inside Cabins - sleeping 4 with a double bed and 2 pull-out bunks. Some can interconnect.
- Family Ocean View Cabins - sleeping 5 with a window or porthole, a double bed and pull-out bunks.
- Family Balcony Cabin - sleeping 4, these cabins have a balcony and some can interconnect.
- Family Club Balcony Suite - sleeping 4 with a double and sofabed.
- Haven 2-bedroom Family Villa - sleeping 6 with a double bed and bunk beds. Haven cabins also have 24-hour butler service included.
Cruise fares include all meals (excluding speciality restaurants). Drinks packages are available for a supplement.
Total: 1770 cabins and suites.
Offer of the week
Book now and pick up a free child place on select 2023 and 2024 holidays with TUI. FIND OUT MORE
Choose from some amazing excursions, like this canoe trip in Alaska.
The amazing facilities onboard the Norwegian Encore include:
- Aquapark with 2 waterslides
- Children's aquapark
- Galaxy Pavillion with VR experiences and simulator rides.
- Laser tag
- Kids' and teen club (see above)
- Guppies baby/toddler area
- Daily entertainment including shows and live music
- Fitness centre
- 5 included restaurants plus the Haven restaurant for Haven Cabin guests
- 9 speciality restaurants*
- Bakery/cake shop, milkshake bar and icecream parlour*
- 12 bars and a coffee shop
- 2 lounges for Haven Cabin guests
*Extra charge applies
Catch up on the day in one of the many bars and lounges.
The Norwegian Encore sails in the Caribbean, through the Panama Canal and up to Alaska - which will you choose?
Sign up to our newsletter
For regular family travel inspiration and ideas