• Ski on fantastic nursery slopes, great wooded runs and good cross-country trails; highlights are the gorgeous routes through the forest to Montchavin, Champagny and Montalbert.
• Take the top chairlift from the Bellecôte glacier for excellent black runs and truly breathtaking views (if you don't want to ski down, go up for the ice grotto with its ice sculptures).
“As a place for youngsters to progress and families to ski together, La Plagne is second to none."
Nick Dalton, family ski expert
• For kids, check out the good selection of crèches and supervised snow- and ski clubs, plus several espaces luges for free-play.
• Brave the floodlit bobsleigh run (built for the 1992 Winter Olympics), with experiences for different age ranges, from bob rafts for those at least 1.3m in height with parental accompaniment to the Olympic Experience, taking adults hurtling along at up to 130km/h.
• Try snow mountain-biking, zip-lining, husky sleigh rides, ice-climbing, ice-diving, paragliding, ice-skating on an open-air rink, tobogganing, snowmobiling and even spending the night in an igloo or having dinner at La Grande Rochette (2,500m) before night-skiing back down.
• Enjoy farm visits, bowling, cinema trips and swimming at venues including the Magic Pool with its outdoor heated pool surrounded by snow and the Espace Paradisio in Montchavin.
• In summer choose from activities including archery, mountain-biking, via ferrata, glacier walking, outdoor swimming, canoe-rafting and hydro-speeding, canyoning, fishing, geocaching, horse-riding, treetop adventure, mini-golf, SUP paddleboarding, paintballing and paragliding.