Due to open for summer 2021, the all-inclusive, super-stylish and ultra-luxurious 5-star Ikos Andalusia is going to be a sure-fit hit and gem of a family hotel on the ever-popular sun-drenched southern coast of Spain. To start with, the transfer time from the airport will be under an hour so whether you have the youngest of children who don't enjoy travelling or teens wanting the fun to begin this hotel is not too far from the airport, as well as being just a short distance to the chic, celebrity-favourite resort of Marbella and the stylish Moorish cobbles of Estepona.
Ikos Andalusia perfectly caters for the whole family. The childcare starts from 4-months through to 17 years, with a complimentary service for those over 4, although if ice cream trips or watersports are on the menu for the days activities spending money may be required. And if sports-mad kids are keen to develop their football skills, the academy is the ideal place to hone these with a team of qualified coaches. A babysitting service is available so if you are looking for a quiet evening meal, you can arrange this directly with the hotel as and when required for an additional charge.
As the childcare service is available during the day, this is the perfect time for some 'me' time. Whether to try your hand at some watersports, relax by one of the many pools, hire a bike and explore the area, book a pamper treat in the spa, or take advantage of the Dine Out programme where you can try out some of the local eateries, outside the hotel complex, and explore what the area has to offer, as part of a dining programme offered by Ikos Andalucia, included as part of your all-inclusive package.
Then when it comes to your own space, the rooms and suites vary according to family size, requirements and budget. If you are looking for top-end luxury, opt for the Deluxe Collection where you will enjoy extra space both inside and out, an exclusive pool area (with a kids' pool) and reserved beach space, amongst other extras.
Ikos Andalusia is located less than an hour's drive from Malaga airport.
What to expect
The Ikos Andalusia offers a range of clubs for children from 4 months right through to 17 years, all run by qualified staff. All offer different programmes of activities to suit the age group. They may include activities such as sports, cooking, water sports, swimming, games and arts and crafts.
- Heros Crèche (4 months-3 years)
- Heros Kids' Club (4-12 years)
- Just4Teens (13 to 17 years. High season)
In addition, on certain dates, there is the WK Football Academy (18 months-14 years, in age groups). For more information, see Facilities below).
Charges & Pre-booking: The Hero's Kids' Club and Just4Teens are free, though a charge may apply for some activities. A charge applies to the crèche and the WK Football academy. We recommend pre-booking all the kids' clubs in advance of your holiday.
Beachside Childcare: this service is available for children 4 years+. The first 30 mins are included.
Babysitting is also available (extra charge).
There are activities for children of all ages.
A 1-bedroom Deluxe Suite with its own private pool.
The rooms and suites at the Ikos Andalusia have a contemporary style, combining luxury with comfort. All have smart TVs and Nespresso machines (and tea making facilities!). Room types include:
- Superior Double Rooms - sleep 2 + 1 and have a private balcony with sea, pool or garden views.
- Junior Suites - sleep 2 + 2 in an open-plan suite with sea or pool views.
- Panorama Junior Suites - sleep 2 + 2 in an open-plan suite (slightly larger than the Junior Suite) with sea views. There are also Deluxe Junior Suites and some have a private pool.
- 1-bedroom Suites - sleep 2 + 3 with a separate bedroom and lounge, and sea views. Deluxe Suites have a private pool.
- 1-bedroom Suites - Private Garden - sleep 2 + 3 with a separate bedroom, lounge and a private garden.
- Family Suites and Deluxe 2-bedroom Suites - sleep up to 6 with 2 separate bedrooms, a lounge and sea or pool views. Some Deluxe Suites have a private pool.
Deluxe Collection: when staying in a Deluxe Suite, you have use of an exclusive pool and bar plus an exclusive beach area.
Luxury all-inclusive: holidays include breakfast, lunch and dinner, drinks (including wines to match the a la carte menus and international branded spirits), Dine Out option (see 'facilities'), beach/pool drinks/cocktails/snacks. A wide range of activities and childcare are also included (see Facilities and Childcare).
Total: 411 rooms and suites.
Offer of the week
Save up to £250* on TUI getaways this summer - that sunny beach is closer than you think! Start packing that suitcase and feel the sand between your toes, pronto.1,000s of free kids’ places available too – including in the school holidays. It’s time for some family fun in the sun - BOOK NOW!
From pedalos to paddleboarding, there are watersports for all.
Ikos Andalusia has a wide range of facilities. These include:
- Indoor and outdoor pools - incl. kids' pools and toddler pools
- Private beach with sunbeds and towels
- Spa with pool, steam rooms, sauna, hot beds and relaxation area (16 years+)
- Kids' clubs and crèche (see 'Childcare' above)
- 7 restaurants, ranging from fine-dining with Michelin-starred chefs to a variety of international cuisine
- Dine Out programme - visit a selection of local restaurants, at no extra cost.
- 7 bars
- Live music and theatre - including musicals, children's shows and movies
The hotel also offers a wide range of sports and activities. The following are included:
- Beginners yoga
- Fitness classes including Zumba, aqua aerobics and power walking)
- Beach volleyball
- Canoeing (once per day, 20 mins)
- Introductory diving lesson (in pool)
- Pedalos (once per day, 20 mins)
- Paddleboards (once per day, 20 mins)
- Windsurfing (1 hour/stay)
- MINI Drive Adventure (1 full day hire of a MINI car. Must be reserved in advance)
More activities are also available and a charge applies:
- Catamaran sailing
- Sailing Academy
- Private boat tours
- Private yacht rental
- Water skiing
- Spa treatments
- Tennis Academy
- Football Academy
WK Football Academy
- WK Tots Football - for children 18 months-4 years, accompanied by a parent. 45-minute sessions, Mon-Sat.
- WK Football Academy - for children 5-8 years (a.m.) and 9-14 years (p.m.). 2-hour sessions, Mon-Sat.
A charge applies for the Football Academy. Pre-book places when you book your holiday.
The Ikos luxury all-inclusive includes dining in the hotel and in local restaurants.
At the Ikos Andalusia, enjoy a luxurious family holiday with fun, and sun, for all.
Sign up to our newsletter
For regular family travel inspiration and ideas