Set on the rugged volcanic island of Lanzarote, Club La Santa is the perfect place for active holidays for the whole family. There are more than 500 weekly activities on offer - that is more than 80 different sports and activities, for all levels, led by expert instructors. Whether you are looking for a fun, activity-filled holiday or want to do some more serious sports training, Club La Santa is for you.
There’s plenty for kids to do here, both with and without parents, thanks to a weekly programme offering activities suitable for children of different ages and organised by their qualified Green Team instructors. In addition to the activity programmes, you can also pick and choose different activities as and when it suits you, with child-sized equipment available to borrow for a number of sports and activities. You can also hire running buggies too, so no need to take your bulky running buggy with you if you want to train while you're away.
Accommodation is in suites and apartments, with options sleeping from 3 up to 10, making this a great option for bigger family groups or groups of friends too. Each suite and apartment has its own kitchenette for self-catering (there is a supermarket on site) but if you'd rather not cook, there is a number of restaurants to choose from instead.
We love the variety of sports and activities on offer at Club La Santa, however, to book a holiday here, you will need to book directly with them rather than with Take the Family. The link below will take you to their website.
Direct flights to Lanzarote are available from across the UK. Club La Santa is on the northwest coast of the island about 30-40 minutes from the airport. Transfers can be pre-arranged when booking your accommodation. Alternatively Club La Santa can arrange a hire car for you, either to be collected at the airport on arrival or delivered to your accommodation for you.
What to expect
Club La Santa's Green Team includes a team just for the Club's younger guests. They offer a fun programme of activities throughout the week for children from 3-15 years, some based in the kids' club and others out and about in resort.
Play Time: open 3 mornings a week, Play Time is in the kids' club and is for children 3-10 years. Set out in imaginative zones, children can choose what they want to do - there's a glowing volcano zone, a Show Time stage, a cosy reading corner and more. Parents are welcome to stay or children can send them away so they can enjoy some fun and make new friends.
Fun Time: this fun afternoon activity programme is for children aged 3-10 years (3-5-year-olds need to be accompanied by an adult) and takes place all around the resort. Activities may include things such as treasure hunts, beach and water activities, windsurfing with the Green Team instructors and Olympic Day.
Green Team Friend: On the days that Play Time is closed, the Green Team can be found in different locations around the resort so the children can join them, try new things and make new friends.
Young Time: this is for older children/teens aged 10-15 years and offers challenging and engaging activities that will introduce them to sports and team building. Options include football school (for 11-15 year-olds), tennis and windsurfing lessons (10-14 year), teen rowing and more.
Head out on a ride - this is a great location for cycling.
The self-catering accommodation options sleep from 3 to 10 people.
Accommodation is in suites and apartments in a bright, contemporary style. All have a living room, kitchen and a balcony or terrace and some have great views. Some of the many options include:
- Comfort 1 - sleeps 3 adults + 1 child with a twin bedroom and a living room with sofabed.
- Comfort 2 - sleeps 6 adults with 2 bedrooms, a living room with sofabed and 1 bathroom. Comfort 2-2 have 2 bathrooms.
- Suite 1 - sleeps 3 adults + 1 child with a twin bedroom, living room with sofa bed and sea views.
- Suite 2 - sleeps 6 with 2 twin bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a living room with sofabed. Some have sea views.
- Suite Luxury - sleeps 8 with 3 twin bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and a jacuzzi.
- Penthouse - sleeps 10 with 4 twin bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 2 living rooms.
Accommodation is self-catering, with all apartments and suites featuring a fully-equipped kitchenette. There is a supermarket on site or you can eat out at one of the 4 restaurants.
Total: 391 suites and apartments.
Enjoy a huge range of sports and activities, on and off the water.
Facilities at Club Santa include:
- Lagoon pool (with pool bar), heated children's pool and three 50m swimming pools
- Tennis courts
- PADI diving center
- Athletics stadium with Conica CONIPUR Vmax 400m running track
- CrossFit area
- Bike hire
- Wellness & Spa Centre with sports and holistic treatments
- Playground and trampoline playground
- Evening entertainment program with events such as the Green Team Show, quiz nights and bingo.
- 2 bars
- 4 restaurants (buffet, Spanish, 2 international restaurants)
- Sports shop
- Laundry service and launderette
With over 80 sports and activities on offer at Club La Santa, there are too many to list here, but here is a taste of what's on offer, all planned and run by Club La Santa's Green Team:
- Cycling - mountain biking and road cycling (route maps available)
- Triathlon training
- Swimming including training and open-water swimming
- Racket sports including tennis, badminton, squash, padel and more
- Golf lessons
- Watersports and activities including diving, snorkelling, kayaking and paddleboarding, windsurfing
- A wide range of fitness and relaxation classes including aerial fitness, aquafit, spin classes, yoga, pilates, dance and more
- Evotag (real life gaming!), minigolf and petanque
- Excursions to highlights of the island
Book on to activities by visiting Sports Booking when you're there or you can use their handy app.
The Green Team are on hand to coach and entertain.
Enjoy sports and activities for the whole family at Club La Santa.
Sign up to our newsletter
For regular family travel inspiration and ideas