Enjoying a prime west coast location on one of the best beaches in Mauritius yet close to the vibrant Grand Baie and Port Louis, family holidays at Trou Aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa offer the best of both worlds.
With a superb range of family-friendly accommodation options ranging from family suites with private pools to family villas there is plenty to keep guests busy including the complimentary teens and kids club. So whilst your offspring are getting active, trying new skills (including cookery classes, learning about the local nature and tennis tournaments) and making friends, you can head to the water and have a go at diving, stand-up paddleboarding and windsurfing, or back on dry land, why not try your hand at tennis, mountain biking or golf. Or if is a spot of relaxing 'me' time the spa will be the place to head for a massage or treatment to really unwind on this luxury family holiday in the Indian Ocean.
Direct flights to Mauritius are available form London Gatwick and Heathrow. Indirect flights are also available, both from London and other UK airports, via a European airport or the Middle East. Trou Aux Biches Beachcomber Resort & Spa is around an hour's transfer time from Mauritius' airport.
What to expect
The hotel has a dedicated children's club with outdoor play area and splash pool plus a separate area just for teens.
- Kids' club: for children 3-11 years 9am-10pm daily, the club offers a varied programme of indoor and outdoor activities such as games, crafts and watersports.
- Baby care: available on weekday afternoons 1pm-4pm for babies/toddlers 1-2 years.
- Teens: for 12-17-year-olds, the teen club arranges activities such as watersports, team games, mountain biking and tennis. Days and times of activities varies.
- Babysitting: available on request (extra charge).
Grab a racket for a spot of tennis - the hotel has 6 courts and coaches if you'd like a lesson.
Competition of the weekEnter now for your chance to win a 7-night family holiday for up to 6 people with Eurocamp.
As well as spacious 2-bedroom Family Suites, there are 2- and 3-bedroom villas with pools.
Trou Aux Biches offers a range of suites and villas, all furnished in a traditional style. Options for families include:
- Tropical junior suite sleeps up to 2 adults and 1 child
- Family suite sleeps up to 2 adults and 3 children.
- Beachfront suite sleeps up to 2 adults and 1 child.
- Beachfront senior suite sleeps up to 2 adults and 1 child.
- Two bedroom pool villa sleeps up to four adults and 1 child.
- Three bedroom pool villa sleeps up to four adults and 1 child.
Offer of the week
Book now and pick up a free child place on select 2023 and 2024 holidays with TUI. FIND OUT MORE
Children have a kids' club and play area and there is this area just for teens too.
Facilities at the hotel include:
- Outdoor pool (plus splash pool in kids' club)
- Watersports (see below)
- Land activities (see below)
- Open-air cinema
- Games area with consoles such as Wii, Playstation and X-box.
- 6 restaurants (international, Asian fusion, Indian, gourmet, Italian and (supplement applies) a beach restaurant)
- 2 bars
Activities at the hotel include:
- Sailing (Lasers and Hobie Cats. Extra charge for lessons)
- Windsurfing (extra charge for lessons)
- Waterskiing and wakeboarding (extra charge for lessons)
- Tennis (6 floodlit courts. Extra charge for lessons)
- Table tennis
- Beach volleyball
- Bike hire (extra charge)
- Baby cot, bathtub and baby care products including shampoo and body lotion available within room.
- Bottle sterilizer and warmer, baby monitor, bed rail and toilet reduction seat available upon request.
- Babysitting service available at an extra charge.
- Early dinners for families with kid friendly meals served at the hotel restaurants.
- Gourmet purees prepared by the chef upon request.
- Baby pram and high chair available at extra charge.
Relax by the pool or take a dip in the sea - the water's warm!
Mauritius is a wonderful place for a family holiday.
Sign up to our newsletter
For regular family travel inspiration and ideas