Sands Resort Hotel on the Cornish North Coast has plenty of indoor and outdoor space. Discover the hotel's nature trail and make the most of playgrounds and sports facilities as well as a daily outdoor entertainment programme. Hire bodyboards and wetsuits (free of charge) and head to Porth Beach a five-minute walk away.
Super-friendly, accommodating staff and great food are just two of the draws of this iconic property in its stunning spot in western Cornwall, just above Watergate Bay – a fantastic surfing destination. Nearby beach adventure centres offer cycling, surfing, climbing, canoeing and fishing.
Not for nothing does Sands consistently rate highly in TripAdvisor's Traveller's Choice Awards. A paradise for younger children, with masses of fantastic facilities, it doesn't forget parents, with a spa, kids’ arts and craft sessions and baby-listening. It's not as luxurious as some nearby child-friendly resorts, but for a relaxing family holiday or break it's great value.
Read our review of a family break at Sands Resort Hotel & Spa.
Sands Hotel & Spa is on the west coast of Cornwall, just north of Newquay with its train station and airport.
What to expect
Want further information, prices and availability for Sands Resort Hotel & Spa?
Alternatively, call 01637 872864 and speak with a Sands Resort Hotel & Spa representative now for a quote and to book. Please quote 'Take the Family' when booking.
Though there are no kids' clubs, Sands Resort does offer arts and crafts sessions for children. These are family sessions for children age 4 and over with their parents/carers. They take place several times a week.
The arts and crafts sessions may include:
- Family pottery
- Sea glass pictures on canvas
- T-shirt design
- Wooden mobiles
- Dream catchers
- Bead jellyfish
- Friendship bracelets
- Teenage graffiti art
- Pebble pals
- Messy play day
- Face masks
- Sun catchers
- Bird boxes
Make your very own souvenirs to take home with you!
Baby listening: Sands Resort offer a complimentary baby listening service in the evenings, so you can put the children to bed and enjoy some time by yourselves.
Choose to swim inside or out.
Competition of the weekEnter now for your chance to win a 7-night family holiday for up to 6 people with Eurocamp.
A sea-view room at Sands Resort Hotel & Spa.
The rooms and suites at the Sands Resort are bright and comfortable. Some have views of the gardens and others make the most of the coastal location with wonderful sea views. All have their own TV and DVD player and some rooms are available for families who would like to take their dog too. Options for families include:
- Standard doubles (with king-size bed) can fit a toddler bed and/or connect with a standard triple room to sleep up to 5.
- Standard family rooms sleep up to 4 in a king-size double bed and bunk beds in a separate area.
- Interconnecting double, bunkroom and single rooms sleep up to 5, with 2 TVs and Playstation.
- Contemporary suites (available with sea view) sleep up to 2 adults + 3 children + 1 baby, in a king-size double bedroom with sitting area, a children’s sleeping area with bunks plus a single and a cot, or twin beds and a cot.
- Apartment suites sleep up to 4 or 5 in a king-size double bedroom with shower room, a twin room with bathroom, a toddler bed, a lounge, 2 TVs and a Playstation.
- Comfort Pool and Country View Suites sleep up to 2 adults + 2 in a double bedroom with an open corridor to twin-bedded children’s sleeping area, plus balcony.
- 3-bedroom apartment suite sleeps up to 7 in a king-size double bedroom, a triple bedroom and a bunk bedroom, with a small lounge and 2 bathrooms.
Total: 70 rooms.
Offer of the week
Book now and pick up a free child place on select 2023 and 2024 holidays with TUI. FIND OUT MORE
Bounce off some energy outdoors.
The Sands Resort offers so many activities and facilities for families that you will be spoilt for choice. These include:
- Outdoor pool with toddler splash area (heated May-Sept)
- Adventure playgrounds
- Toddler playground and sandpit
- Bouncy castle
- Climbing wall
- Zip wire
- Nature trail
- Indoor pool
- Indoor games - pool table, air hockey, table tennis,
- Soft play (for children 1-4yrs)
- Indoor fairground games (for children under 10yrs)
- Children's arts and crafts (see above)
- Entertainment programme for children and adults (subject to current guidelines. If not indoors, outdoor entertainment will be provided if possible)
- Spa and steam room
- Restaurant (for buffet breakfast and 3-course evening meals - earlier for families and adults-only after 7.30pm)
- Bar with terrace (also serves snacks and light lunches)
The hotel can also arrange adventure sports such as surfing, abseiling and jet skiing at nearby activity centres.
Pack less: on request, the hotel can provide cots and cot linen, buggies, toddler backpacks, bottle warmers, sterilisers, surfboard or bodyboard hire, wetsuit hire and even buckets and spades!
For babies: choose up to two Ella's Kitchen pouches per meal when you are dining in the restaurant. The hotel can also puree any dish from the dinner menu for little ones. There is also a microwave that can be used for heating milk, water or the contents of pouches. The hotel also offers baby listening and sitting services.
Delicious dining at Sands Resort Hotel & Spa.
Outdoor play area at Sands Resort Hotel & Spa.
Sign up to our newsletter
For regular family travel inspiration and ideas