With companies tripping over themselves to cater to the ever-expanding family market, cruise holidays with kids are a much more tempting option than in the past, when they were often seen as the preserve of the elderly.
Cruises will never be everyone’s cup of tea, but there are many reasons to at least try one out. First, they allow you to visit several destinations on one holiday but also spend time chilling by the pool. Secondly, they offer a vast array of activities and facilities that differ by cruise but might include cinema screenings under the stars, dolphin- and whale-spotting, crèches, children’s and teen clubs, decktop climbing walls, basketball courts, surfing pools and even ice-skating – in addition to pools, gyms, spas, cinemas, theatres, shops and several restaurants.
Check out family cruise holidays in Europe and the Caribbean and see our special deals and latest offers with partners:
• NCL Cruises: Norwegian Cruise Line, with family-friendly itineraries in Europe and the Caribbean.
• Celebrity Cruises: Family-friendly vessels serving France, Spain, Portugal, Norway and Iceland, the Med, the Azores and the Caribbean.
• Royal Caribbean: 25 ships and 272 destinations worldwide, many of them brilliant for families.
• P&O Cruises: five family-friendly ships plying the Med or the Caribbean.
• Marella Cruises by TUI: child-friendly cruises throughout Europe and the Caribbean aboard the sister ships Marella Discovery and Marella Discovery II, from the popular brand (formerly known as Thomson Cruises). Alternatively, take a look at the Marella Dream, one of their smaller ships.
• DFDS Family Breaks: Mini-cruises between the UK and Netherlands, perfect for trying out the idea of a longer family cruise.