The UK is bursting with short-break options with kids, whether it be family-friendly hotels in London or cosy country cottages, some with games rooms and/or swimming pools, plus baby/toddler equipment if required.
Family short breaks and weekends away are a great means of escaping from routine between longer holidays without having to travel too far or spend a lot of money. We’ve brought together our favourite short-break destinations in the UK with children of all ages, from country-house hotels, seaside and lake retreats in holiday hotspots including Cornwall, Devon, the Channel Islands and the Lake District and city breaks in London and elsewhere, to glamping and farmstays.
Browse our options or check out our special offers or exclusive discounts with some of our favourite short-break partners:
• cottages.com: family-friendly properties in England, Wales and Scotland, with the best discounts for our newsletter subscribers (sign up at the bottom of this page).
• Luxury Family Hotels: relaxed country houses with family amenities and childcare.
• Feather Down Farms: glamping holidays on working farms.
• Bluestone National Park Resort: Pembrokeshire holiday village with lots of family facilities.
• Hoseasons Go Active: holiday parks with lodges and plenty to do on-site.