Who doesn’t want to grab a dose of sunshine after the long grey months of winter? With British summers continuing to be highly unreliable, we’re blessed to be within easy reach of some prime destinations for summer fun, whether you pack the car and drive to the South of France or head for the classic child-friendly beaches of Greece. Why fly long distances, suffer jetlag and spend a fortune when it’s all right there on your doorstep? – especially with younger kids, who find it hard to tolerate the extreme heat of more exotic climes.
The good news is that there’s more choice than ever when it comes to family-friendly places to stay in Europe, whether you’re looking for a luxury resort with bell and whistles, including childcare and spas, a low-key coastal campsite or a quiet cottage or gîte all to yourselves. But if you’re booking flights, trains or ferries separately to your accommodation, do plan and book far in advance, otherwise, this is where you’ll get stung.
Check out our special offers and latest deals on family summer sun holidays including:
• Simpson Travel: child-friendly villas and hotels in Turkey, Greece, Mallorca, France (including Corsica) and Italy.
• Club Med: French-founded all-inclusive resorts with childcare and heaps of free activities.
• Neilson: Active holidays in the Med, with a focus on sailing.
• Mark Warner: Mediterranean beach holidays with watersports and other activities, known for their quality childcare.
• Eurocamp: Campsites and holiday villages around Europe.
• Jet2holidays: Family package holidays, with free child places often available.