Staying on the edge of a frozen lake, surrounded by pine forest far in the north of Lapland, Jeris is a wonderful place for a fun, wintery family holiday. Make your base in the hotel or in one of their cosy cottages in the forest and then choose from a huge range of activities - from snowshoes to snowmobiles, ice-fishing to skiing. Get to know the local Lappish people and find out about their traditional lifestyle - and of course keep a watch for a glimpse of the magical Northern Lights.
Want further information, prices and availability for Jeris - Activity Pick and Mix?
The Jeris - Activity Pick and Mix is available on select dates from January-March.
You will be staying on half board at the family-run Hotel Jeris, on the shores of Lake Jerisjarvi, approx. 20km from the nearest town - the perfect setting to escape from everyday life in the magic of the wilderness of Finnish Lapland. There is also great potential for seeing the mystical Northern Lights. Choose between double or twin rooms (sleeping up to 4 - the 4th bed is only suitable for young children) in the main hotel or one of 32 cottages in the surrounding forest.
Looking for something extra special?
If you'd like to add something extra special you can add any of the following to your holiday:
- A night in the Arctic Firefox Lodge - a private lakeside retreat with panoramic views across Lake Jerisjarvi and a clear room that offers unobstructed views of the night sky.
- Aurora Glamping - stay overnight in your very own cosy Aurora Dome, with see-through sides to give wonderful views of the wilderness and maybe the Northern Lights too.
Offer of the week
Choose an action-packed First Choice Holiday Village for your family's summer holiday and pick up a free child place when you BOOK NOW. Prices from £2,418 for a family of 3*.
Adult price from £840 per person plus activities. Children (5-12 years) from £700. Minimum age 5 years.
Price includes: return flights, return airport transfers, min. 3 nights in a twin or double hotel room, half board, cold weather clothing for the duration of your stay, fully qualified wilderness guides and instructors for any activities, services of a dedicated local representative.
Activities are priced individually and will be added separately to your base holiday price.
Please note: the from price is based on the lowest available air fares. These fares can sell out quickly and as a result prices may increase and supplements may apply.
With this 'pick and mix' holiday, the itinerary is up to you. You decide when you want to travel and for how long. Then you match your stay to the activities available on the days you're there. The wide choice of activities may include:
- A visit to Arctic Sauna World with Shaman.
- Snowmobile with net fishing.
- Snowtrain - an Aurora hunt through the wilderness
- A visit to the Arctic Elements Lakeside Spa and its smoke sauna.
- Snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm and Torassieppi Winter Village, made of snow and ice.
- Learn the secrets of the Northern Lights - from myths and legends to the science behind the magic.
- Northern Lights explorer, by minibus.
- Ice fishing.
- Lappish culture - visit a reindeer farm and meet the herders, visit a small museum, enjoy a sleigh ride, have lunch in a traditional wooden teepee and explore Torassieppi Winter Village.
- Reindeer sleigh through the forests to perhaps glimpse the Northern Lights.
- Daytime snowmobile safari.
- Night time snowmobile safari, looking out for the Northern Lights.
- Husky sled safari (15km or 25km).
- Cross-country skiing.
- Daytime snowshoe walk in the national park.
- Night time snowshoe walk, looking out for the Northern Lights.
You can also hire cross-country skis, snowshoes and fat bikes during your stay.
Please note: each activity is offered on different days (for example, some every day, some once or twice a week) and for different periods of the year. There is also a minimum age for each activity. Please go to the Activities Abroad website for these details. Please also bear in mind that the order you do activities is on request only and may be subject to change.
Sign up to our newsletter
For regular family travel inspiration and ideas