According to a poll by travel site Kayak, 51% of parents have felt pressurised by their offspring to book a specific destination and 29% have let their children decide where to go on holiday.
The survey involved 2,020 parents of under-18s. Among the factors influencing their children’s destination preferences were:
• Places their friends had been: 22%
• Places they had seen on television: 21%
• A desire to go back to a place they’d already visited: 19%
• Social media: 10%
In 2015, research by We Love Holidays unveiled under-14s’ favourite holiday destinations, as:
• France • USA • Spain • Italy • England • Australia • Greece • Canada • India • Turkey
The survey also asked children about their favourite aspects of family holidays, with the following results:
• Themeparks and waterparks (29%)
• Spending time with the family (25%)
• Sunshine (13%)
Check out TaketheFamily’s hand-picked Favourite Family Holidays in a wide range of categories.