Thailand’s Tourism Authority is welcoming families arriving in Bangkok with a new Family Fun app (for Android phones) and free SIM cards (1,000 a month) between June and November 2017. Downloading the app allows families discounts of up to 60% on family attractions and amenities including:
• Flying Squirrels rainforest treetop adventure
• Yoyo Land indoor amusement park
• Upside Down Pattaya amusement park
• River Star Princess cruises
• Vanich Farm agritourism venue
• Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
• Botanica Khao Yai, Mu Si
• Long Beach Garden Hotel and Spa, Pattaya
According to travel fare aggregator Skyscanner, Thailand is among the 16 most affordable places to travel to, based on flight prices from London, the price of a 3-star hotel for 7 nights, dinner for 2, the average price of a beer, and the cost of activities. (Other countries in descending order are Romania, Malta, Canary Islands, Morocco, Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Hungary, Russia, Cyprus, Croatia, India, Algeria, Indonesia and Ukraine).
Thailand is good for family holidays at any time of year: though the rainy season lasts from June to October, this is often confined to afternoon downpours, and the weather remains warm.
See our family-friendly Thailand destination guide.